I got a second Sunshine Award Nomination! A big thank you to D.T. Nova over at On the Edge of Enlightenment for the nomination. Let’s get these filled out shall we.
1. What’s your reason for blogging?
To spread my love of shows and movies involving Giant Robots and Monsters to the internet at large to hopefully have more people realize just how awesome this genre can be. A big shout out to Kaijusamurai aka Matt Frank, who’s art is above. I think its awesome and you should check out his Deviantart page here.
2. Is there a show you like a lot even though other people don’t?
There was a show from back in the early 2000s called Boys Be. It was a fun Romantic Comedy anime that I watched at a college club that none of my friends liked. They even tease me to this day about it enjoying it. I still thought it wasn’t half bad especially because the boys in the series actually had developing relationships which doesn’t always happen in anime these days.
3. What’s your favorite book?
The Count of Monte Cristo. After enjoying the show Gankutsuou (review coming later this year) I found myself wanting to know more about the original story. I’m a big fan of reading source material of different properties.
4. What kind of music do you like?
Songs from different animes and classic rock. I’m a big fan of both Journey and Aerosmith. I’m that guy that still loves “Don’t Stop Believin`” and doesn’t feel it has been overused in films and movies despite what the haters say.
5. If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?
A Manatee. They get to play around all day in the water and they are so cute.
6. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
The excessive amount of trolling that appears in the world today. Seems like everyone is trying to troll everyone else these days. Things feel less sacred and special because of the all the trolling and it makes it hard to tell when people actually are being truthful with others. It makes different aspects of life feel less special. You know?
7. Is there something you’ve tried to do that you’re not good at?
Despite all my efforts to try and work harder on my Gunpla I often find that my fine painting still isn’t up to where it needs to be. Makes me very nervous on the different model related projects I have planned out.
8. Do you have a hard time coming up with questions to ask people?
Eh. Not in this area. I mean its my blog and dedicated to geeky material. I can ask people about anime/video games/comic books and other hobbies and they will be very passionate and expressive about them. Now in the real world, I can find small talk tricky until I figure out what makes the other person tick.
All right now its my turn. Time to nominate a few people myself. Still not following that many blogs personally. I think I’ll look through my followers and extend it to them:
Mangatatu-kun over at Otaku High School Life
Masumi Amari over at Morning Toast
Mangalover 93 over at Manga, My life
Here are the questions for you to answer:
- What are you currently looking forward to in the year?
- What anime is your comfort food (you’ll watch it anywhere anytime to feel better)?
- What are you currently reading for fun?
- What American property do you want more of?
- What is your favorite snack?
- What was your favorite childhood toy?
- Who is your favorite giant monster?
- Which project have you been putting off for too long and need to get back on?
That’s all I got. Now I just have to work on finally getting the button for the award on the website. Don’t let that deter anyone else from nominating me again. I like these things. They get me off my butt and writing.